When you receive your letter of acceptance from the university, there will be a few things that you need to prepare. Use our quick checklist to make sure you don't miss anything important.
When you receive your letter of acceptance from the university:
- Apply for a Study Permit (and Visa, if required) at the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate, if you require one. comment here if you are not sure.
- Make travel arrangements: book your flights and look into transportation options
- Register for International Student Orientation for your university.
- Make banking arrangements: transfer money, purchase traveler's cheques, get credit cards
- Register for classes
- Apply for on-campus housing
- Arrange for temporary accommodation (if you are planning to look for off-campus housing)
- Arrange for private health care insurance (if you are planning to be in Canada for less than 12 months)
- Carry all required entry documents with you when you travel to Canada. Do NOT pack them in your suitcase. These include passport (with visa, if required), immigration letter authorizing your Study Permit, and your University letter of acceptance.
Have any else to ask or add? Do it here and connect with fellow domestic and international students.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest