How to Apply to Canadian Universities

Get information regarding specific schools and programs from experts and people who have been there before.
Post Reply
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:14 am

Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 pm

1. Choose an institution (

2. Are you eligible?

In Canada, each university has its own entrance requirements and will assess you on an individual basis. However, graduation from a secondary school and good academic standing are typically the minimum requirements for undergraduate study.

3. What documents are needed?

You may need to supply official documents, such as transcripts from secondary or postsecondary school. It may be necessary to have those documents assessed and translated into English or French. Consult your country’s educational authorities or the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials ( for more information on degree recognition.

4. Do you meet the language requirements?

International students in Canada must demonstrate proficiency in either English or French, depending on the university they apply to. Many English-language universities require that you attain a minimum score on a standardized language test. French-language universities usually assess applicants on a case-by-case basis. For more information, go to the Languages Canada website (

5. What is the application process to study in canada?

Application processes vary by province. In some provinces, students can apply through a central application service. In others, you must apply directly to the university. You may also want to apply to more than one program or university in case you aren’t admitted to your first choice.

6.What are the application deadlines?

Deadlines vary, but generally, you should apply at least eight to twelve months in advance. Typical entry points for international students are the September and January semesters.

7. Obtaining a study permit

Once you’ve received a letter of acceptance from a Canadian university, you must apply for a study permit if you intend to study in Canada for six months or longer. You must apply for the permit before you come to Canada.

You can apply online or submit a paper application to the Canadian visa office responsible for your country. Details about study permits for international students can be found on the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (

To study in Quebec, you must also obtain a Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ) from that province. You can find further information online (

All information posted is taken from website.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest